Monday, July 22, 2013

A Couple Notes

I'm enjoying the tropical fruits here. I just ate a sour lilikoi. Also had four "mountain apples" today. "Apple" here just means "sweet", so we have "apple bananas" and "ice apples" and none of them have anything to do with apples. Also ate a bunch of acerola cherries. All fresh off of this land. It's delightful.

"Is it hot there?"

It's actually, to me, not as bad as Buffalo in terms of heat. The whether is much more consistent in terms of temperature, so you just adjust to it. It's always humid, but it doesn't vary much either, so that is easy to adjust to. (And I find that the humidity seems to keep me hydrated better.) Everything is always blooming and beautiful and green. Things go in and out of season, but the season comes back around in a few months instead of waiting all year. It's wonderful.

Similar conditions can be found on the tip of Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment